University Colleges Denmark is an association that serves as the administrative and policy-making body for the University College sector in Denmark. This sector consists of eight educational institutions (six University Colleges and the Danish School of Media and Journalism) that offer professional bachelor programmes of 180 to 240 ECTS points to danish and international students. They cover a wide range of professions including nursing, education, health, social work, engineering, business, communication, arts and technology.
- The president of the sector is Mr. Stefan Hermann, who is also the rector at University College Copenhagen.
- Each of the seven institutions has their own board and rectorate as well as faculty and staff, managing their institution and competence development on a daily basis.
- All seven rectors are members of ‘The Council of Rectors’.
- All seven institutions maintain their own board and a chairman.
- These seven chairmen constitute ‘The Chairmanship’ which is the executive committee of the sector. They attend to the political interests of all the institutions. The current President of the Chairmanship is Jens Stenbæk.
- Once a year the seven chairmen and the seven rectors convene for an annual general assembly.
Our organisation ‘University Colleges Denmark’ strives to expand and further develop the international initiatives within the sector, in order to develop competencies and young people’s influence in an increasingly connected world. Follow this link to view the official Code of Conduct for Danish institutions of higher education.
The seven educational institutions are situated in different regions of the country. Several programmes are also available in English which makes it possible for the institutions to accept international students and to attract visiting professors from abroad. Furthermore, the institutions have numerous strategic partnerships and exchange arrangements with universities and educational institutions all over the world.
For more information on the specific institutions and their international profiles and programmes, please follow these links: