‘University Colleges Denmark’ is an association that serves as the administrative and policy-making body for the University College sector in Denmark. This sector consists of eight educational institutions (6 University Colleges, the Danish School for Media and Journalism and Copenhagen School of Marine Engineering and Technology Management) that offer Professional Bachelor programmes of 180 to 240 ECTS points to Danish and International students. They cover a wide range of professions including nursing, education, health, social work, engineering, business, arts and technology.
- The President of the sector is Mr. Stefan Hermann, who is also the rector at Copenhagen University College.
- Each of the eight institutions has their own board and rectorate as well as faculty and staff, managing their institution and competence development on a daily basis.
- All nine rectors are members of ‘The Council of Rectors’.
- All eight institutions maintain their own board and a chairman.
- These eight chairmen constitute ‘The Chairmanship’ which is the executive committee of the sector. They attend to the political interests of all the institutions. The current President of the Chairmanship is Peter Sørensen.
- Once a year the eight chairmen and the nine rectors convene for an annual general assembly.
Our organisation ‘University Colleges Denmark’ strives to expand and further develop the international initiatives within the sector, in order to develop competencies and young people’s influence in an increasingly connected world. Follow this link to view the official Code of Conduct for Danish institutions of higher education.